- Read Joshua 1:1-9, focusing mainly on verses 8-9.
- What experience in life has required you to be strong and courageous? Where did you find your strength and courage?
- What do these verses teach us about God in times of crisis?
- What does it look like for you to be strong and courageous in these somewhat turbulent times?
- Two times in this passage the Lord assures Joshua of His abiding presence. How does the promise of God's abiding presence in your life encourage you and give you strength?
- How else does this passage encourage you and fill you with hope as you face the coming week?
- Praise God for being with you in every situation.
- Pray that you would be strong and courageous this week as you reflect upon His abiding presence and meditate on His Word.
- Pray for Kyle and Kathy in South Asia as their country is under quarantine orders. Pray for wisdom as they seek to continue to minister to those around them.
- Pray for wisdom to know how to love and serve our neighbors in this season.
We encourage you to sing or listen to one or more of the following songs that emphasize the truths about God found in Joshua 1.
- “It Is Well With My Soul” by Audrey Assad (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY5o9mP22V0)
- “He Will Hold Me Fast” by Shane and Shane (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkRiOMJNuTU)
- “God Is For Us” by CityAlight (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxl1EOhJiRA)
- "All My Ways Are Known to You" by CityAlight (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mVzqGeS-Q